Thursday, April 25, 2013

the "you don't have to have it all figured out to move forward" blog. photo challenge day one.

Hello! My name is Megan (Leigh) Wertman, a 22-year-old laughaholic, book readin', coffee addicted, blog fanatic, sports lover, life enthusiast.

I graduated from Gonzaga University in 2012 with a degree in Sociology and a minor in English. I have always loved seeing the world through a lens, and when I got to college, I realized I could STUDY the world through different lenses and I absolutely fell in love with Sociology. After graduation, however, I had no path or direction- I mean, honestly, I don't want to be a Social Worker, and I don't really want to work in corporate business, and I like run-on sentences too much to be any sort of English nerd. Eventually I plan on attending graduate school, but I don't know what I want to study or where I want to go. So for the past year, I have spent a lot of time with myself, doing small, odd jobs that I don't feel fulfilled by, and what I've found is that I am most happy when I am challenging myself creatively. And so, I am starting a new journey. An adventure that will challenge myself creatively, but also something that will teach me to see things and capture them with the right lens.

For starters, I am going to be doing a 30 day photo challenge. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it is going to force me to use my camera every day, while encouraging me to discover different ways to display my perspective. I have no idea where this is going to take me, but I'm ready to take this step. I am ready to put myself out there, which is something I am very bad at and do not do often. I am ready to take the time and commit myself to taking photographs on a regular basis - for the fun of it, but also because I am ready to let other people see my work.

So, here is Day One: Self Portrait. Taken in my dining room on a Thursday in the middle of the afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment